Mykonos Traveller is an online travel agency that provides information for vacations, restaurants, bars, travel tips, and facilitates reservations for accommodation, boat trips, tours, car rentals, air taxis, and many more. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are operated by TRAVEL KEY.
Mykonos Traveller fully complies with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of the protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR), which entered into force on 25.05.2018.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services. Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our website at https://mykonostraveller.com, on a mobile phone, tablet, or similar device (a “Device”) or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
There are many different ways that you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people, or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a new User Account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people and businesses, or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear about how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- Email Communications
- Contact Forms
- How we protect your information
- Children’s privacy
- External links
- Your acceptance of these terms
- How you can contact us
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to our Site or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information that we collect
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You may supply us with information about you by email or when you submit a contact/inquiry form. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and flight class, luggage, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from our Site and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit our Site by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or device when you visit our Site. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
If you make travel reservations with third-party suppliers facilitated by our website’s «Book Now» button through our listings, we will not collect any payment information from you. It is your obligation to securely transmit this information to the supplier of the travel reservation to complete the transaction. Please note that the supplier processes your payment, not MykonosTraveller.com unless otherwise specified. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a reservation through our website.
If you make travel reservations with third-party suppliers facilitated by our website’s «My Local Expert» system, through email, or through our online booking system we may collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address and if needed we will securely transmit this information to the supplier of the travel reservation to complete the transaction. Please note again that the supplier processes your payment, not MykonosTraveller.com unless otherwise specified. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a reservation through Mykonos Traveller.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
Cookies are used to collect information, where available, about your device, your IP address, operating system and browser type, and how you have interacted with our websites.
While cookies are used to identify users and devices, they only ever collect non-personal information such as IP addresses, device IDs. If the data cookies collected are ever merged with any other information with which you have provided us, such as email addresses, these are anonymized in such a way that identification with actual people is impossible.
Why do we use them?
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
We will always make sure our websites contain clear and easy-to-find information about our cookies.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Per-session cookies – We only use these while you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages, for example recording the items you add to an online shopping basket. They also help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies – These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we don’t keep your information for longer than we need to.
- First and third-party cookies – Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or “third-party” refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user – the website displayed in the URL window. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Opting out of cookies
Please note that our websites may not work correctly if you change certain preferences, such as disabling all cookies.
Please also note that after applying these settings, you will continue to receive advertising, although it may not be tailored to your likely interests using information collected from cookies and similar technologies on your device.
Third Party Cookies. If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving personalised ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, you can by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here to opt out.
- Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
- If you wish to block other cookies, including those being served by companies that are not part of the NAI or the DAA you can use the browser-level cookie controls described below.
Browser-level cookie controls
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a business, or you listed your business in our directory, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Websites. If you were referred to our Site from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to our Site.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third-party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, at our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary.
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on our Site, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Profile page on our Site. You can close your account by contacting us using this form. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on our Site.
You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. Please note, however, that we may retain in our files some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
Whether registered as a member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Site, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How you can contact us
This document was last updated on May 01, 2022